I workout 5 or 6 days on 7, with a variety of cardio, HIIT, toning, yoga and aerobic/dance exercises. Today I woke up feeling like a leg day, so I decided to make up my own circuit to kick my own butt…and boy did I! I seriously cannot remember the last time I sweat this much (I had to go and take my asthma pump afterwards!)
I thought I would share this circuit for those who want to change up your workout routine and push yourself to your limits. This workout includes toning and cardio, working both your legs and booty. For those of your following Tone It up (like I am), I did this workout after my daily 5 moves!
It’s only 30 minutes of your entire day! Let’s go.. PUSH YOURSELF!!
Begin with a 5 minute warm-up (jumping jacks, high knees, jog, active stretching)
CIRCUIT 1 (repeat as many times in 7 mins DON’T STOP!!)
1) squat, side kickboxing kick (12x right leg, 12x left)
2) jump squats 20x
3) plie/sumo squats holding kettlebell 15x
4) plie/sumo squat, jump legs crossed 20x alternating crossed leg
After 7 minutes- 10 burpees
1 minute rest
CIRCUIT 2 (repeat as many times in 7 mins DON’T STOP!!)
1) mini band pendulum 20x alternating (put band around ankles, knees soft, lift leg slightly to side, and down)
2) mini band leg kickbacks 15x right, 15x left (band around ankles, palms on a chair seat, flat back, flexed foot, slightly queeze leg up behind)
3) split squat lunge weighted 15x right, 15x left (opposit foot behind on chair/ aerobic ball)
4) jumping lunges x20
After 7 mins- 40 jumping jacks crossing knee to elbow
1 minute rest
AND…. REPEAT THE WHOLE 2 CIRCUITS!
Once done, don’t forget to cool down, stretch, foam roll and make a protein smoothie!
Hope you’re sweating as much as I am! Let me know if you’d like more of these posts 🙂