Hello my lovely readers!
Wow it has been so long since my last post! Sometimes life just gets in the way and hobbies get pushed to the side. Seeing as it’s winter, I thought I’d share one of my favourite soul-warming soup recipes! This miso shiitake soup is so clean and healthy, filled with quinoa and vegetables. One of the best parts- it asks for minimal ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes. It’s definitely a great post-holiday detox meal!
- 1 cup of water or vegetable broth (i usually do half half)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1/4 cup miso paste (I prefer dark miso)
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- Fresh ginger (I usually use 3 cubes of the frozen fresh ginger =3 teaspoons)
- 2 cups of spinach
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl with hot water to soften.
- In a large wok or saucepan, stir together 5 cups of water/broth with quinoa, miso paste, carrot, and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer covered for 12 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Drain the water from the mushrooms in to the soup.
- Chop up the mushrooms and spinach, adding them to the soup.
- Let the spinach soften and enjoy immediately or let simmer for longer to soak up all the delicious flavours!